Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, November 22, 2013

Jolly Penguin

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I have a Christmas card for you using the Jolly Penguin CottageCutz Die from The Scrapping Cottage!




Aren't these little guys cute delivering presents on their sleigh?  I love the little one sitting on the sleigh with his candy cane!




I used a bunch of different colored cardstocks for the die pieces and a little bit of designer paper called Botanical Noel by Recollections.  I inked and shaped most of the pieces before gluing them together.  I added an extra sleigh to go under the sentiment and added some adhesive pearls to embellish it.  I embossed the upper part of the white mat with Perfect Polka Dots to make it look like it was snowing behind the penguins, I then matted it with Ruby Red Cardstock from Bazzills and popped it on a green card base using Forest by Coredinations.





Here is a picture of the Jolly Penguin Die I used.


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzjollypenguin4x6.aspx


Supplies used:

CottageCutz Die: Jolly Penguin
Stamp: Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Paper: Botanical Noel, white, black (Recollections), Forest (Coredinations), Ruby Slipper, gray, brown (Bazzills), More Mustard (SU)
Ink: Forest Moss Distress Ink, Amaretto, Banana Bliss (Powder Puffs), Real Red (SU), Gray Flannel(Memento)
Accessories: Ribbon, button snowflake, adhesive pearls (Recollections), Bow-Easy, pop dots, sponge

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

7 comments:

  1. Your penguin card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww they are just adorable and I love the sentiment on the sleigh, very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute. Love the way you used and put together the dies even using one to set the sentiment on. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. such a whimsical feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. Love the sweet penguins and design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooooo cute! Beautiful composition, Kathy...you are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!