Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Grapevine Wreath

Happy Saturday everyone!

I can't believe it's November already!  Time is going by so quickly, before you know it will be Thanksgiving!

Today I have a Thanksgiving Card to show you that I made using Build-A-Grapevine Wreath and Fall Owl Border, 2 new CottageCutz Dies from The Scrapping Cottage's Harvest Release.








 


To make my card, I started with a French Roast card base and added a mat of Very Vanilla Cardstock embossed with Rebecca Embossing Folder and inked with brown.  I cut the wreath with a bunch of scraps of browns, greens, oranges, and reds, shaped and inked the pieces and assembled them together.  The owl border was cut with French Roast and Quicksand Cardstock.  I taped the back of the Quicksand pieces so that the punched pieces would stay in place, then glued the French Roast border over it.  I then cut the border in pieces so I could add the owls around the wreath.  I also added a couple of extra acorns and a jute bow and button with twine in it to finish it off!

  
Here's a close up of the wreath and the little owls.  These little guys are so cute!




These are the dies I used on this:


http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfallowlborderelitespre-order.aspx
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbuild-a-grapevinewreathelitespre-order.aspx
 



Here are the ingredients I used:

CottageCutz Dies: Build-A-Grapevine Wreath, Fall Owl Border
Stamp: Season of Thanks (SU)
Paper: French Roast (Coredinations), Very Vanilla (SU), Quicksand, Ruby Slipper, Rain Forest (Bazzills), scraps
Ink: Forest Moss, Vintage Photo Distress Inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Natural Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon), green twine (May Arts), button, Bow-Easy, sponges, McGill Mat & Tool Kit, Rebecca Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug)

I'm submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #104.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kathy! I love the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love that wreath and the cute owls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job with this wreath…I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. It is just so adorable and I really like the colors you have used. We all appreciate you posting this beautiful art with us. PLEASE come back.
    Abundant Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, just love how you decorated the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really adorable project Kathy! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!