Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Harvest Rooster Vane

Happy Tuesday!

Today I have a card I made for CottageCutz using their new Harvest Rooster Vane Die from the Harvest Release and the Fancy Floral Lace Border Die.






As soon as I saw this die, I thought about doing red and white with gingham!  I used Ruby Slipper Cardstock from Bazzills to cut the dies and paired it with white and old gingham paper I found in my stash from DCWV's Bright Mat Stacks.  The white under the rooster is embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to give it a little texture.  I matted this with more of the Ruby Slipper and added it to a white card base.  The bow is a black and white gingham ribbon from Michaels.  I added a red button threaded with white floss to the bow center and added 2 little heart buttons with glue dots on the top right corner.  The sentiment is from the Boards & Beams Set from Papertry Ink stamped directly on the gingham paper.

Here's a little close up of the rooster for you.


 
These are the dies I used:
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzharvestroostervaneelitespre-order.aspx
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzfancyflorallaceborderelites.aspx
 
 
I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #105 - Anything Goes.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. this is just lovely! I love the red and white! Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this cut, and the black and white gingham bow is just SO perfect with this. Love your design, and cannot thank you enough for sharing with us again this week. Thank you oh, SO much! I hope that all is well with you and your family. I appreciate you sharing! Your cards are always such a blessing to me. I never grow tired of seeing your creativity in action. God has given such amazing talents, Kathy. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool, love all the swirls in the rooster and the pretty border dies is a great touch with it, loving the red and black gingham, and the textured background is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!