Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Blessing to Me

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  I made this card using the Sweet Juliet Collection released in October.



I used the Antiquity Paper Collection for stamping the images on and colored directly on some of them with inks and a blender pen.  Not my usual coloring method, but I decided to do something a little quicker than normal.  The "berries" were added with Red Brick Stickles.  The flower on the bow is made using the Sweet Juliet Die, cutting the smaller flower twice.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week.

I'm submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #105 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


Blessing to Me

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3564 – Blessing to Me PreCut Set
HCPC 3567 – Juliet Spray PreCut Set
HCPC1 237 – Antiquity Paper Collection
HCD 740 – Sweet Juliet Die
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue –Dries Clear
Product ID: 393386 – Labels 4 Dies
Product ID: 031459 – Gold Labels 4 Dies
Product ID: 452255 – Grand Calibur
Product ID: 368770 – Scor-Pal

Other Products Used:
Paper:  Bravo Burgundy (SU), Frayed Burlap Distressed (Coredinations)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Blender pen, sponge, Moss Sheer Organza Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, crystal (Prima), Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Imagine Crafts), Red Brick Stickles (Ranger), adhesive pearl (Want-2-Scrap)

Instructions:
Make an A-2 (4-1/4” x 5-1/2”) card base with Frayed Burlap Cardstock.  Cut mat with Bravo Burgundy measuring 4” x 5-1/4”.  Cut mat with designer paper (use corner piece with flowers on edge) measuring 3-3/4” x 5”.  Stamp spray image (Juliet Spray Set) with Bravo Burgundy on bottom left corner to go with sprays on designer paper.  Stamp branches (Blessing to Me Set) on upper right corner with Bravo Burgundy.  Ink edges and glue to mat.  Wrap ribbon around as shown and secure to back.  Add mat to card base with pop dots.  Stamp sentiment on designer paper with Bravo Burgundy.  Color leaves with Old Olive Ink and blender pen.  Cut with Labels 4 die and ink edges with Bravo Burgundy.  Cut mat with Bravo Burgundy Cardstock using Gold Labels 4 and add to sentiment with pop dots.  Color leaves on mat that will show above sentiment.  Add sentiment/mat to card with pop dots.  Add bow and crystal.  Die cut 2 smaller flowers with Bravo Burgundy, shape, and assemble together with brad.  Spray with Shimmer Spritz and let dry.  Add adhesive pearl to center and add to bow with glue dot.  Use leftover dots from die cutting flowers to add “berries” to image as shown.  Dot “berries” with Stickles.


 

11 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is such a gorgeous card! I always love your beautiful color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. I just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Kathy! Is the wreath a stamp? I wanted to purchase the PTI wreath stamp set, but they're all sold out so I'd love to know what wreath this is. Thanks for sharing your beautiful art with us!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful card! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Wow!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stamping, looks great against the designer paper, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!