Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby Congratulations

Hi everyone!

I'm back again today with another card using CottageCutz Dies from the Scrapping Cottage.  This time I have a congratulations card for a new baby using the Christening Gown and Clothes Hanger Mini Dies.




I decide to make a cream on cream card using Natural White card stock from Neenah for all the card pieces.  The die cut pieces and mat were inked with Wheat (VersaMagic) and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  The mat was embossed with the Rosa border embossing folder and the sentiment (Well Scripted - Stampin' Up) was stamped with Vintage Photo Ink.  I wrapped some pretty trim (Jo-Ann's) around the card and added a bow using Havana Brown Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon and my Bow-Easy Tool.

The mini hanger was glued to the back of the dress and the dress was added to the card using pop dots.   I also add the bonnet to the dress using pop dots.  Here's a little close up of the pretty dress and bonnet.





To finish my, card I added some adhesive pearls and a flower button with a fiber bow in it.  Very simple card to make and I love the vintage feel to it!

These are the dies I used:






Card recipe:

Stamps: Well Scripted (SU)
Paper: Natural White (Neenah)
Ink: Wheat (VersaMagic), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Rosa Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Havana Brown Seam Binding (Really Reasonble Ribbon), Bow-Easy, lace trim (Jo-Ann's), fiber, button, adhesive pearls (Recollections), McGill Tool Kit & Mat

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #119 - Anything Goes
Craft Hoarders Anonymous #1 - What's Your Style? - I love cream on cream with lace & bows...

Thanks for stopping by today to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kathy, What a treasure you have created here...the receiver of this card...would love it and keep it as a keepsake forever. So beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful tone on tone card. Thanks for playing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I love this little dress and cap! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stunning first time I ever saw anyone do this love the die cut . great job.
    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this! Love the vintage cream color choices. That die set is so wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for our very first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a delicate and wonderful card! Thanks for playing along at the Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colors and embossing on this sweet card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, this is just stunning...so vintagey and delicate and soft. What a beauty! Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Another lovely card..precious...Thanks so much for joining us for our very first challenge over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is astoundingly beautiful! Love, love, love the cream and caramel. . .and those darling die cuts. This card is a masterpiece, Kathy! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, beautifully delicate…wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. How precious! The color looks so antique, and just as lovely as could be.
    Thanks again for sharing, and have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is exceptionally beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being chosen as a favorite 1n the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge! Your project was absolutely beautiful! Hope you will join in again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty card you have here...I love everything about it and the sepia color is just amazing. So blessed you joined us at last week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Our new Challenge is now live and we'd love for you to join us again. Can't wait to see what you link up this time. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Psalm 30:5, "For His anger endureth but a moment, and in His favor is life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!