Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sweet Filigree Cupcake

Hi everyone!

Today I have a "sweet" birthday card using CottageCutz Dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  I used the Sweet Filigree Cupcake Die from the Sweet Love Release and paired it with the Cupcake Pocket with Note Card Die!




For my card, I used the Sweet Mat Stack papers from DCWV and a white card base.  Notice my cupcakes are chocolate...my favorite kind!  I added a little Diamond Stickles to the "frosting" on the cupcakes to make them look even yummier.  The sentiment is stamped with brown ink using Teeny Tiny Wishes from Stampin' Up.  I added a little brown twine bow and some buttons to finish it off.

Here's a picture of the cupcake card outside it's pocket.  You can write a little note on it or stamp it.  You can also glue it in the pocket to keep it in place.




Here are the dies I used:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzsweetfiligreecupcakeelites.aspx




Card recipe:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Paper: White (Recollections), Sweet Mat Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (Palette), Mocha Mama (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Twine, Bow-Easy, buttons, Diamond Stickles (Ranger)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by today to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy Thank you for entering your lovely cupcake card to WAW this week - It is a blessing to have you join in - have a lovely week Gail GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this card is darling, I love it!! The cupcakes do look good enough to eat!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us all!! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Yummy! I love how the one cupcake is a pocket for writing...Love the design of this great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!