Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Heartfelt Creations - Vintage Closet Collage

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  For my card today, I used the beautiful Vintage Closet Collage Set from the Raindrops on Roses Collection released this month.




The image is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits using the colors from the designer papers in the collection.  After trimming the image, distressing and inking the edges, I added 2 Burnished Keys, various fibers, pearls, microbeads and spacer beads for embellishments.

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #121 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Vintage Closet Collage

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3588 - Vintage Closet Collage PreCut Set
HCPC 3569 - Burnished Key PreCut Set
HCD 741 - Burnished Key Die
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal

Other Products:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Perfect Plum (SU), Crushed Olive Distressed (Coredinations)
Inks: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Aleene's Paper Glaze, Heather Microbeads (Recollections), fibers, adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap), bead spacer, Linen Thread (SU), distressing tool, Bow-Easy, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Rose Beige, Clay Rose, Black Cherry, Kelp Green, Marine Green, Black, Sepia, Espresso, Ginger Root, Sandbar Brown.

Instructions: Make 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" top fold card base with Crushed Olive.  Cut mat with Perfect Plum measuring 4 1/16" x 5 5/16" and add to base with pop dots.  Stamp Vintage Close Collage image on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink and color with pencils as desired.  Distress edges and ink with Antique Linen, then with Vintage Photo Inks.  Add to mat with pop dots.  Stamp Burnished Key image on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink, color 2 of the keys and cut with matching die.  Tie keys together with Linen Thread and add to image with pop dots.  Add bead spacer with pearl to top of keys.  Add microbeads to blanket sparingly using Art Institute Glue.  Add Linen Thread bow with pearl to dress form as shown.  Add fiber bow to top of flower cluster adding bead spacer, pearl, and microbeads to the center.

9 comments:

  1. This piece belongs in a frame. Or you could just send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! I admire your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, the coloring and shading on this are pure artistry! I just love the nostalgic feel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you used Kathy!! So vintage. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These vintage accessories are SO sweet. You really mixed them up nicely, and the colors are awesome as well. Just wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!