Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sheltering Tree - Heartfelt Creations & The Robin's Nest

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's time for some Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  HC is also doing a blog hop with The Robin's Nest which gave us a chance to use some of their wonderful products on our designs this week!






For my card, I used the Majestic Morning Paper Collection (yellow) with black card stock.  The mat is stamped with the Majestic Collage PreCut Set in black ink.  The image on top is one of the journal blocks from the designer paper.  The tree and quote are rubons from The Robin's Nest called Family Tree Rubons.   I just love that tree!

To complete the card I just added some trim, bow, and button.  Very simple card to put together!  I really like the yellow and black with the pop of pink too!

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week and also make sure to check out the blog hop for The Robin's Nest!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #118 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy



Sheltering Tree

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3579 - Majestic Collage PreCut Set
HCDP1 239 - Majestic Morning Paper Collection
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
DDOTS - Double Dots

Other Products: Black card stock, Family Tree Rubons (The Robin's Nest), Pink Aster Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, button, Ivory Jute String (May Arts), black trim (Jo-Ann's)

Instructions: Make black card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Cut yellow designer paper 4 1/16" x 5 5/16", stamp Majestic Collage image with black ink twice to cover it, and ink edges.  Wrap trim across center of yellow mat and secure to back.  Add to card base with Double Dots.  Cut yellow journal block from designer paper and apply the Family Tree Rubons as shown.  Ink edges with black.  Cut black card stock 3 1/4" x 3 7/8" and glue journal block to it.  Add to card base with Double Dots.  Add bow and button with jute string as shown.

12 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I really like that designer paper...just stunning. Your Lovely Pink bow is just the perfect touch and color for this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Great use of the products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the way you paired up the stamped background with the gorgeous tree image. The way you played up the pink is wonderful...that is something you really shine at. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card - you did a nice job - thank you for entering it at WAW this week - have a blessed day - Gail WAW February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pretty framing of that tree, perfect sentiments to go with it and the background is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this is stunning! Love the color combination.and that gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card. I agree with the tree being special. Well done.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful creation!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Kathy!! Love the warmth from the yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Kathy! What a lovely card, and I am just delighted to have you share with us again this week. I hope you're having a great week, and thanks so much for stopping by to share!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!