Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Love You Much - CottageCutz

Happy Saturday!

Today I have a card to show you using 3 CottageCutz Dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  The Garden Delight Butterflies (from the new Garden Delight release), Scallop Insert Card/Tag, and Pink Peony Flower.




All the die pieces were cut with white card stock.  I colored the flower using Pink Grapefruit, Aloe Vera Chalk Inks (VersaMagic) and Amaretto Chalk Ink (PowderPuffs).  The pieces were shaped using a tool kit and mat and then glued together.  I added the flower to a tag that I stamped with a sentiment using black ink.  I used a "Love You Much" sentiment, but I think this would be a pretty wedding card too.

I originally  started this as just a tag, but then decided to place it on an embossed card using pop dots.  I kind of like the way it looks!  The card base is white and then the embossed piece is 3/16" smaller and added with pop dots.  After glueing everything in place, I added some Diamond Stickles, White Opal Liquid Pearls, a button, and some pearl floss.

These are the dies I used:








Card recipe:

CottageCutz Dies: Garden Delight Butterflies, Scallop Insert Card/Tag, Pink Peony Flower
Stamps: Well Scripted (SU)
Paper: White (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Aloe Vera, Pink Grapefruit (VersaMagic), Amaretto (PowderPuffs)
Accessories: Scrolls Embossing Folder (Darice), white pearl floss, button, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Diamond Stickles (Ranger), Paper Blossoms Molding Mat & Tool Kit (McGill)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #120 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Kathy, you have the artist's eye and that is a fact! This is such a jewel of a card. I love the way you use white space, I love the sweet embossing and the beautiful color combinations. I am such a huge fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This such a beautiful card to behold. The dominant white and scroll embossing makes this so elegant. Love how you made the simple dies complete the work. A great example to use for all occasions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING, Kathy! WOW - I really love how that beautiful pink stands out against the white background, and the textures are just amazing. You are AWESOME, and I thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! Beautiful card. Love the colors. Great job! Olena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!