Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Heartfelt Creations - Sunny Day Collection

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!

For my project this week, I have a tri-shutter card made with the new Sunny Day Collection.  These papers are so gorgeous, I just love the soft colors on these!





I love making these cards as they look complicated, but are actually pretty easy!  There's lots a little areas to places elements if you want to also!  This card really shows the beautiful designer papers that go with the collection.  Here's a close up picture of the front of the card with the window image.  The image is fussy cut and then I place a piece of the designer paper behind it for a little scene.






Here are some more views of the card.







Please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the designer's beautiful creations this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #68 - Love/Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #66 - Spring Colors & Ribbon
Crafty Card Makers Challenge #85 - Blooming Images
No Matter What - #6 - Ribbons & Bows
All Sorts - #194 - Things with Wings
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations #56 - Add some metal

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


You Are One In a Million

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3521 – Botanical Window PreCut Set
HCDP1 230 – Sunny Day Paper Collection
HCD 718 – Decorative Chateau Gate Die
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear
Product ID: SF03598 - Prismacolor Pencil Set 48 pc.

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), yellow (DCWV Stack), Baja Breeze (SU), Olive Linen (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories: Labels 13 (Spellbinders), pop dots, mineral spirits, sponge, cutting knife & mat, Bow-Easy, adhesive pearls, spacer (Michaels), Olive Wrinkled Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Prismacolor Pencils: Light Umber, Dark Brown, Muted Turquoise, Kelp Green

Instructions:
Base: With Olive cardstock, follow Tri-Shutter Card instructions from Split Coast Stampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/trishuttercard/   Use the designer papers to make mats for the two large “T” shaped sections as shown leaving a 1/32” edge, ink edges with Antique Linen Ink, and glue to card base.  Cut journal blocks from designer papers as desired in pieces measuring 1 5/16” x 1 13/16”, ink edges, and glue to base.  Cut sentiment block “You are One in a Million”, ink edges.  Add Olive mat (3 3/16” x 1 15/16”) and yellow mat (3 3/8” x 2 1/8”).  Add to center, middle panel of card with pop dots.  With yellow cardstock, cut smaller Decorative Chateau Gate from Die.  Cut mat with Baja Breeze (2 1/4" x 1 1/2") and white (2 1/8” x 1 3/8”).  Glue as shown and add to back “T” section of card with pop dots.

Image: Cut Baja Breeze with Labels 13.  Cut both gates from Decorative Chateau Gate Die with yellow.  Add to Baja Breeze piece as shown.  Stamp window image twice on Solar White with Onyx Black.  Color one with pencils and on the second color only the large flower.  Fussy cut image and add additional flower with pop dots.  Cut journal image block for window image, place behind window, trim to fit, and glue as shown. 
Embellishments:  Fussy cut tiny butterfly from journal block and glue to window.  Add adhesive pearls, bow, and spacer bead as shown.

 

23 comments:

  1. I just love this kind of card. I always enjoy making them even if they are labor intensive! Yours is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this style card. Your use of the dies on it is so beautiful and creative.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so look forward to your creations! You and this card are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is outstanding and beautiful...Love what you did and the colors are great.I would love to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous on every surface of every angle on each little section....amazing! The focal points look like real windows, and that is just amazing. Great job as always, Kathy...and I feel SO blessed to have you share your talents with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an AMAZING creation, Kathy!!! Love this card soooo much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful looking card. Smashing! Thank you so much for joining my blooming challenge over at the Craft Card Makers this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card, it looks like looking through the window to a beautiful sunny day outside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and a fantastic design. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kathy i think you inspire me to try make this fold. I wanted make this for so long, and it's still on my list. You did an amazing job.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is gorgeous!! I love the beautifull die cuts and your green bow looks so pretty :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Blooming Image" challenge.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning trifold card Kathy.

    It's great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to make this card. Is it possible that you could make up a kit for this with instructions included? I am a very visual and hands-on card maker so I like to have everything needed at hand. After I have made one card, then I have no trouble getting inspiration and ideas to make more, but I initially need a "kit" to do the first card. Please help....thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The tri-shutter card is gorgeous. Love the papers you used. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  17. i've always wanted to make one of these tri-shutter cards. yours is so beautiful you've inspired me to give it a go. thanks for sharing it with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a beautiful elegant card - I Love the muted colours - thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy for our Metal challenge
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card, beautifully coloured image and gorgeous embellishment.

    Thank you for playing with us at Inkspirational this week!

    Hugs , Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this - the trifold is fab with the gorgeous colours and design - thank you for joining in at our challenge at whimsy stamps hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!