Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

ODBDSLC143 - Easter

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge is:
Easter – Make an Easter card or project.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, February 24th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, February 24th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC143. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my card for the challenge this week...




Click on picture for a better view


I used three different sets on my card, The Shepherd for the sentiment, Flower Border for the border, and Scripture Series 2 for the scripture.  I love using this flower border to frame images, especially scripture or quotes.  I thought this Scripture was very fitting for Easter and its' true meaning.

Here are pictures of the stamp sets I used:






Card recipe:

Stamps: The Shepherd, Flower Border, Scripture Series 2 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Concord Grape Linen (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Moss Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), button rhinestone, pearl swirl (Recollections), charm, brad, square punch, Labels 18, Classic Ovals Large (Spellbinders), Scrollwork Embossing Folder, Bow-Easy

Please visit the other designers to see their STUNNING creations this week and leave them some encouragement!


Becky Egecrone - Guest Designer



 

 

 
I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #67 - Love/Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #66 - Spring Colors & Ribbon
Paper Playtime #4 - Use a sentiment
No Matter What - #6 - Ribbons & Bows
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations #56 - Add some metal


Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy
 

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation Kathy!! I just love your use of the flower frame, the embossed frame background, banner, pearls and your added verse. So elegant!! Love it!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your frame is popped up against that ef! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating at NMWC with your elegant card, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the embossing and that frame! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Playtime!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, Kathy! This is absolutely STUNNING. I love this stamp set, and you've done an amazing job with it. I can't express adequately in words how lovely this is. I'm in awe, once again, of your talents. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
    Have a blessed day!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I think the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp is White on White, and this would work. You never know....somebody has to win, and $50 to their store would sure be a nice prize to win! I keep hoping my lucky week will come. LOL
    Blessings,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an elegant card Kathy. Your choice of die with this pretty frame of flowers is perfect! Think I need to shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the elegance of your Easter creation, Kathy! The coloring on your flower border is beautiful against the white frame and embossed background...absolutely gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, this is absolutely Devine!! I love your card design and scripture - and the wonderful pearls and bow detailing just add to the elegance here. Beautifully done my friend!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abosolutely gorgeous. Love the sentiment. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! Simply GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for playing along with us on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!