Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

ODBDSLC141 - Secret Admirer

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge is:
 
Secret Admirer challenge: Case a card of any designer you admire. It does not need to be an ODBD Designer. Link the card you cased within your post.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, February 10th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, February 10th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC141. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my card for the challenge this week.  This was not an easy task, to find just one card to showcase!  There are so many talented designers that I admire!  I finally decided on the sweet and talented Grace Nywening from the ODBD Design Team.  Grace's creations are ALWAYS gorgeous and I love her style!  I especially love the way she did her card using the Faith, Hope, and Love Set which you can see  here.  I used pink to accent the black and white instead of the red.
 
 
http://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/bookmarks-faith-hope-love.html
 
 
Here is a picture of the stamp set.  These can also be used with the Bookmark Dies from ODBD.



Card recipe:

Stamp: Faith, Hope, and Love (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Enchanted (Bo Bunny), pink, black
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Detailed Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous), adhesive pearls, ribbon, flower

For more inspiration, please visit the other talented designers to see their gorgeous creations this week and leave them some love!  You can also see all the creations in one place on the ODBD Blog.  This month's Guest Designer is Beckey Egecrone also known as BeckyTE on Split Coast Stampers.  So looking forward to see Becky's creations this month! 
 







I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #65 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy





 

12 comments:

  1. What an absolutely stunning case Kathy!! I so love your center step design with the pink panels and black and white. Sheer elegance. Love it!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy...I just love this center step card you have created...it's gorgeous! The colors and design are beautiful...I may have to CASE you! LOL! This stamp set is now going on my wish list! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! The colors, patterned paper, and stamps go perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful, Kathy! love the color combo too! a gorgeous CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is most certinly JOYFULLY CREATED with love. I love the pink and black combination, and you've once again showcased this gorgeous new stamp set perfectly. I will have to check out Grace's as well. You all are SO talented, and I'm so blessed to have you share with us. I pray that God will be blessing you as you create with such a heart for Him. You bring Him glory and honor through your art and in your sweet spirit, and I appreciate it SO very much. I fell so blessed to know you! Don't we just serve the most AWESOME wonderful God?
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy, it doesn't get any better than this! My favorite card fold, my favorite color combo.. stamps that are on my wish list...and So beautifully done by you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy,
    This must be the most beautiful card I've seen today. Your colors are softer than sweet ever so talented Grace's but it would be hard to choose.
    Thank you for taking time once agin to post at WAW.
    Blessings,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a elegant card Kathy!! I love this set, beautifully done, and so vibrant!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kathy this is sooo pretty!!! I am honored that you cased my card and I LOVE the addition of pink!!! You can't go wrong with pink!!! :)
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy - you are so talented!! I love how beautifully you CASED our friend Grace! Your pink and black combination are beautiful and I love your bow and ribbon flower. Beautifully done!
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Kathy!!! It is a wonderful CASE of Grace's card! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!