Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ODBDSLC144 - Black & White

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new Shining the Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs!

This week's challenge is:
Black and White with Our Daily Bread Designs stamps only.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, March 3rd at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, March 3rd at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC144. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.
 
Here is my sample for the challenge this week:



http://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/ask-seek-knock.html
Click on the photo for a closer view
 
 
 
I used the Ask, Seek, Knock Stamp Set from Our Daily Bread Designs for the focal image of Matthew 7:7.  Here is a picture of this set.
 
 
 
 
It was die cut with the Floral Oval and Elegant Oval Dies and popped onto the Enchanted Designer Paper.  To fit the die cuts and the lace, I made the card a little taller than normal.  It measures 6 1/2" x 4 1/4".  A very simple card to put together.
 
For more inspiration, please visit the other designers to see their beautiful creations this week for the challenge!  You can also see all the creations in one place on the ODBD Blog here.
 
 


 
I'm submitting this to the following challenges:
 
 
Card recipe:
 
Stamp: Ask, Seek, Knock (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Black, White, Enchanted Designer Paper (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous), heat tool, Melon Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), trim, rhinestones, button, pearls, Elegant Ovals Die (ODBD/Spellbinders), Floral Oval (Spellbinders)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy

9 comments:

  1. How pretty!! I love the dp with that pretty lace and the pink bow!!Beautiful!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an elegant card and that one touch of salmon really makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp set is just gorgeous, and I love how you've used the sentiment on this card. That lace on the bottom is LOVELY, and I was also very drawn to that wonderful melon colored seam binding. Of course, I have to mention the bow. I still need to get a bow maker so I can do this and quit drooling over yours all the time. LOL
    Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous card in our challenge, Kathy. It's such a huge blessing to have you join us, and I appreciate it SO very much.

    The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you, and give you peace.

    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty, Kathy! So very elegant. . love that pop of red. Classy, lacy, lovely!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your black and white card is just gorgeous, Kathy! LOVE the lace and the pop of red is so beautiful! What a wonderful verse to highlight! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just SO elegant with the wonderful lace which goes so perfectly with the patterned paper - and I love the way you've layered the floral oval onto a black mat layer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your cards are so classy and elegant and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!! Love all the pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning design Kathy! I love the verse, love your papers and lace, and the gorgeous pop of red is pure perfection my friend! Beautifully done!
    Blessings,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!