Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sepia Roses - Flourishes

Hi there!

I have a card made with the Flourishes' "Roses are Red" Set that I won recently from them.



 
 
 
I LOVE this image and couldn't wait to color it!  The Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week is for a vintage creation, I hope this is vintage enough!  I decided to do it as a monotone after seeing the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge this week for it.  I did it in a vintage sepia color combination, which I love, using my pencils and mineral spirits.  The photo isn't the best as it's much prettier in real life.  The beautiful bow is made with Crumb Cake Seam Binding that my sweet cyber friend Jill (JD) gave me!  The photo doesn't show it, but it actually goes perfectly with the image and papers and has a gorgeous color variation on it from the light.
 
I'm submitting this to the following challenges:
 
 
Card Recipe:
 
Stamps: Roses are Red (Flourishes)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Quicksand, Bitter Chocolate (Bazzills)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Dark Chocolate (Palette)
Accessories: Sponge, Crumb Cake Seam Binding (RAK from Jill), adhesive pearls, Labels 23 Grand, Floral Ovals (Spellbinders), Bow-Easy, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Peachy Beige, Light Umber, Dark Brown, Espresso, Black
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy

12 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS, Kathy. I love the touches of white on the Kraft. The background die-cut is delicately perfect, and the bow is....once again - SUPER! Love this. You just don't know how blessed I feel to have you share your cards in our challenges. What a treat!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Beauty!
    Good Luck to chalange !

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Kathy! Beautiful coloring... Hugs, Simona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kathy, this is absolutely lovely...and yes, vintagey! Love the die cuts and the monotone theme...gorgeous! TFS!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous! That oval Die is walking behind me lol, every time i see it. For sure on my list.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy,
    WOW that is one really beautiful card.
    I know that sometimes it is amazing hoe the camera can miss how lovely something is.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful art work and we really appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an elegant card....I love it : ) Thanks for playing along with the Monochromatic and Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon : ) Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Fabby coloring!!Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is elegant and lovely. beautiful shimmer on your bow, sets off the background perfectly! thanks for sharing it with us at really reasonable ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...this is so absolutely beautiful! It stopped me in my tracks, I can't quit looking at it.
    God has given you a great talent, may he bless you well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!